"The highpoint of the trip, geographically and emotionally, came in Meyersdale, PA . . . we arrived early at the Levi Deal Mansion . . . from the moment we stepped through its handsome double doors, we were in the Gilded Age. The afternoon sun glowed through stained glass windows, beautifully restored hardwood moldings gleamed . . . There was nothing fussy or overwrought, no doilies or tassels - just quiet comfort opulence and extreme comfort."

Nancy Szokan, Washington Post, March 11, 2012

Reservation Block


Surround yourself in Gilded-Age splendor as you explore Pennsylvania's beautiful Laurel Highlands. The Levi Deal Mansion is located in the friendly, small town of Meyersdale, the Maple Syrup Capital of Pennsylvania, only a few blocks from the Great Allegheny Passage hiking and biking trail.

Crowning Meyer's Avenue, a tree-lined thoroughfare with some of the oldest and grandest houses in Meyersdale, the Deal Mansion was home to local coal and timber baron Levi Deal and his family. Completed in 1900, the 15-room house featured a ballroom on the top floor, reception hall, parlors, drawing rooms, a dining room, and library all trimmed in light, native hardwoods, including birch, white walnut, oak, chestnut and maple.

Often referred to as “the castle,” this opulent house is an example of the Chateauesque Victorian architecture, complete with rounded towers, diamond-shaped leaded windows, and a massive, steeply pitched roof.

The Deal family lived in the mansion until 1917 at which time the home was sold and turned into a boarding house.  The Mansion began a slow and relentless decline into blighted property. By the 1990s the mansion was threatened with demolition.

The efforts of two prior owners have resulted in the total renovation of the mansion’s exterior and first and second floors.  When the doors were opened to the public in 2007, the mansion had become a totally modernized guest house packed full of luxury amenities such as Jacuzzi tubs, king and queen beds, spacious bedrooms and large private bathrooms.  In 2010, Jan and Michael, the current owners/innkeepers, purchased the mansion took on the final renovations - restoring the ballroom as an owner's apartment and adding landscaping.